The Fort Wayne DC is currently open and working normally scheduled hours.
It is the philosophy of the Fort Wayne DC that all associates should make every effort to report to their assigned work place for their work schedule in the event of bad weather, i.e., snow, ice, freezing rain, flood, or other forms of inclement weather. Associates should also make every effort to remain at their place of work in the event poor weather conditions occur during their work schedule.
- The Fort Wayne DC will only close if Allen County declares a RED Travel Advisory. A Red Travel Advisory is when travel is restricted to emergency personnel only and citizens may be subject to a traffic violation/ticket for being on the road. If this happens, the day will automatically be declared an inclement weather day.
- The DC head may declare in inclement weather day during severe weather situations without a level Red Travel Advisory being declared. If this happens, the facility will remain open for business and associates should continue to make every effort to report to work.
- The entire Fort Wayne facility has been designated as “operationally critical”; it is Ingram’s policy to use all available personnel to support all needed functions during poor weather conditions. In support of our commitment to this philosophy, the following standard practices will occur.
Attendance/Reporting to Work
- Non-Inclement Weather
- Until inclement weather is declared, associates should report to work as scheduled and remain throughout their scheduled shift.
- The provisions outlined in the Fort Wayne Attendance Policy will apply to associates who choose not to report to work or who choose not to complete their scheduled shift on a non-inclement weather day.
- Inclement Weather
- If Allen County declares a Red Travel Advisory, the Fort Wayne Distribution Center will be closed and associates should not report to work for the duration of the travel advisory. A Red Travel Advisory is a State of Emergency that has been declared by Allen County Commissioners. Travel may be restricted to emergency personnel ONLY.
- If the Fort Wayne DC closes due to inclement weather the announcement will be posted at http://www.ingram-fw.com/. Associates should continue to check the website for updates.
- If a Red Travel Advisory has been declared in an associate’s county of residence or a county that he/she must travel through to arrive at work, he/she should not report to work. Please note that different counties use different names for weather advisories. Associates should understand the terminology used in their counties.
- Associates outside of Allen County who are not reporting to work due to an inclement weather day are to contact their supervisor prior to the scheduled start time of their shift and advise of their county’s declaration.
- When inclement weather is declared in an associate’s county of residence after reporting to work, he/she may choose to leave work.
- Associates will not receive attendance incidents on inclement weather days.
- Use of Benefit Time
- If an inclement weather day has not been declared, the day will be treated as a normal workday and standard attendance guidelines apply.
- If an inclement weather day has been declared or the associate’s county of residence (or any county that he/she must travel through to arrive at work) declares inclement weather, the associate may use available vacation or personal time to cover hours missed or take unpaid time off and will not receive an incident.
- In accordance with the guidelines outlined in the associate handbook, all associates are required to contact their supervisor if they are leaving work early or cannot make it into work. Associates should also maintain contact with their supervisor throughout the poor weather period, making at least daily phone contact.
If you have any questions related to inclement weather, please contact your supervisor, manager or Human Resources.
2024 Holiday Schedule
Here are the Ingram recognized holidays:
|New Year’s Day
|January 1, 2024
|Martin Luther King Day
|January 15, 2024
|May 27, 2024
|June 19, 2024
|July 4, 2024
|September 2, 2024
|November 28, 2024
|December 25, 2024